March 22nd, 2012: I opened and read my mission call in front of my family (in person, on Skype, Facetime, and on speaker phones) and close friends.
As I read the long awaited for and greatly anticipated mission call letter, I got to the part that said "you will labor in the. . ." and my heart skipped at least two beats as my eyes came upon the words "California Ventura Mission"!
And so it begins. I report to the MTC on May 23rd to prepare there for 3 weeks before finally getting to begin my adVENTURAs in California!
 |
| Friends and family pinned their guesses of where I would serve on the map |
 |
| Trying to set everything up with skyping two families, facetime, and phone calls |
 |
| About to read it!! |
 |
| After opening the call, my roommate Sarah Beth and I |
 |
| Here I come Ventura California! |
I'm going to be the first comment since I've been given a leg-up about this blog. You're living the dream Hales! The kids are so excited you're going to California Adventure! They are already praying for you and hoping you'll be able to get everything in order. It's pretty sweet. Thanks for including us on the day you opened the Great White Envelope. It was a memorable and sweet experience to have front row seats to that spiritual occasion. We will work great miracles/wonders in CA and we can't wait to hear about them on this awesome blog! Love you!
ReplyDelete"YOU" will work great miracles/wonders"
DeleteYou're a babe and I love you. That is all.
ReplyDelete