Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Letter From Haley


September 3, 2012

 
Hello Family!

I am sure that you were very confused and possibly alarmed that you didn’t get a letter from me! The internet here went down right after I sent my letter to the mission president. I printed that letter and I”ll put it in with this letter. I’m really sad because I won’t be able to read any emails that you may have sent me. That means it’s going to be a long week because I don’t get a ton of mail. Ugh… I’m frustrated that the internet isn’t working.
Well, good news – I’m staying in Moorpark for another transfer! I know this will be the last transfer that I will be here, so I’m going to be working really hard to make sure that I've done all that I can to help the work progress here. I am still with Sister Wilkinson too, so that should be good. We’ll be working very hard and we have a lot of good investigators right now, so this transfer will probably fly by. Tonya and Caitlyn are going to be really excited that I’m stay! On Firday, we went to their house for dinner and I had Sister WIlk go up to the door and I hid behind the corner. She told them that she was a solo sister for the day and that I got transferred. She told them that I would still be able to come to Caitlyn’s baptism but that I had been moved to another area. They shut the door after they went in and I gave them about 30 seconds because I couldn’t see my companion and we’re supposed to be within sight and sound all the time. I started jiggling the doors really hard and stated yelling “They can’t take me away from you!!!” It was so funny! When I opened the door Tonya had tears in her eyes. Hahahaha. Caitlyn hadn’t believed it, or I didn’t give her enough time to react. It was so cute and funny. Then we had missionary casserole! I know that Tonya emailed you about that, Mom. Thanks for sending her the recipe. She kept asking me what I wanted to eat/what my favorite food is. It was really weird eating missionary casserole here.  It was so nice of Tonya, though. Haha.

Caitlyn was baptized this week, and I spoke at her baptism. It was a good experience for me to speak and I love Caitlyn so I felt good that she wanted me to speak. It was really great!

Anyway, I’m sorry I can’t say more. I don’t know any questions that you asked of anything. Maybe send your email in a letter? Actually, no. By the time it gets here I will have had another p-day because I forgot that this has to be sent to you first for you to know that the internet didn’t work!

I hope you have a great week! If you want to type this up and put it on the blog that’d be great, but if not just save it for me for later, because a lot of these things I wasn’t able to write in my journal. I type way faster than I write. Haha
I love you! I hope you are doing well and that everyone is doing missionary work there at home!

Love,
Sister Bennett

 

P.S. Oh, since I’m not being transferred I won’t be seeing Jacob Cheadle. Let me know what area he is in when you find out. Hopefully I’ll see him soon!








           Caitlyn’s baptism: With Sis Wilkinson and Tonya
 
 
            

                                             With Sister Burwell at baptism



 
                                                  
                                                  Caitlyn with Sister Bennett

 





First Email From Tonya Hart
Good Morning,

Hello, my name is Tonya Walsh Hart. My daughter Caitlyn and I will be having your daughter and Sister Wilkinson over for dinner on Friday. When I asked Awesome Sister Bennett what kind of dinner she would like to have she of course said "Oh, it doesn't matter, anything is fine". However, I persisted, which then your daughter said I would love to have Missionary Casserole, that it was her favorite. I would love to make something special for Sister Bennett, she has been such an amazing gift of Light in our (my daughter Caitlyn & I) lives. I know it wouldn't be the same as mom's but I hope to help her feel joy when she and Sister Wilkinson have dinner with us on Friday. Thanks in large part to your daughter, my daughter and I are baptized, well I was last Saturday, and Caitlyn this one 9-1.

I am truly thankful for your daughter Sister Bennett, following her calling, coming to Moorpark, showing us the truth and mostly for bringing Caitlyn and I closer to our Heavenly Father. She is truly Amazing. I could go on and on about Sister Bennett, however I'm off to work. Have a Super great day. :)


Tonya & Caitlyn
 
 
Second Email From Tonya Hart
Thank you for the recipe! Sis Bennett said it gave her happy memories
of home. :) I am very thankful for your daughter in our lives,
especially today, it's Caitlyn's baptism day!!! :D
I'm going to feed them again at the end of the month, is there
something I could surprise her with that you know she'd love?
Be pleased to know your daughter is doing an awesome job on her
mission, I'm sure you already are pleased. She speaks fondly of her
family, which helped make the words she says about the church more
true. I don't know if that last sentence made since, just know we are
so blessed for just knowing your daughter. :)


Thank you,

Tonya & Caitlyn :)







                                                  I got to use an umbrella!













 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment