September 16, 2013
Dear Fambam,
We did so much planning this week for the upcoming transfer! We needed to plan for the training we'll be doing at interviews for the sisters, our exchange message, goals, and when to have exchanges with each set of sisters. It was a lot, but we got it all done. We definitely had a lot of help and direction from the Spirit. It's funny because we really didn't get to go out and teach that many lessons this week, but, when we actually got to go teach, we taught people that are getting baptized in the coming month. That is such a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. He has been providing us with so much success, and I know that we really have nothing to do with it, because we're too busy to have anything to do with it. We just try to do our best to gain His trust, and pray for those opportunities to teach His children. Jed is so elect. I keep wondering to myself, "How can Heavenly Father's plan be this perfect?"
Jed and Stefanie needed us to be the missionaries teaching them. I am sure of that. They needed to be in this ward at this time with the Bishop we currently have. I know that we, Sister Burwell and I, needed to have this experience with Jed and Stefanie. The Lord is truly showing us His power through the experiences we're having with them. We have seen miracle after miracle, and I have seen, so obviously, how He has a plan that is so intricate and so personal to each of us. I can see how it is working to bless each of our lives as we go through this process together. He made it possible for each of us to be here at this time to learn these specific things that we need in order to become like Him. He loves us so much, and understands us so well. I feel that he is rewarding Sister Burwell and I for the efforts we've given throughout our missions, but He's also showing us that we have SO much more to learn. This mission isn't the only time when I'm going to be shaped and molded by Him. Sometimes I catch myself worrying that I'm running out of time to change, but really I'm being prepared to understand how to change throughout my entire life. There's not a certain level I have to reach by the end of my mission, because it is definitely not the end of my progress. I would not be able to handle that. Seeing the way that Jed and Stefanie are has really helped my testimony grow of how well He knows us personally. He knows exactly what trials they both need to go through right now, and I can feel that. He's allowing me to understand His plan more, so that in the future I can remember this when I'm going through those trials. It's been an amazing experience because I feel that He's sharing His vision for Jed and Stefanie with me. I can see who they will become as they endure these trials and grow from them. This has been a very sacred experience for me. I can feel myself coming closer to Him, because I'm understanding Him so much more. Why does He do it? Sister Wood pointed this out very clearly yesterday in our lesson in Gospel Principles; He loves us. That really hit me yesterday as I was pondering on these things that I just shared. I'm learning a lot, and I'm grateful for it.
This are moving forward with Jed and Stefanie. The obstacles that were in the way for them to get married are being removed little by little. Brother Dottl, in the ward, is a CPA. He isn't practicing, currently, but we told him about the situation with Jed and Stefanie and he said he has friends who are practicing accountants that deal with these kinds of situations. Brother Dottl came to an appointment with us this week and explained to Jed and Stefanie the options that they have to protect Jed's income for when they get married. Stefanie was crying a lot and was just so grateful. She kept saying "I know that if I keep living the tithing law and being obedient, the Lord HAS TO BLESS ME." She is so right. He has to, but, even more so, He wants to. There is such an obvious blessing that she has been given as a result of her paying her tithing - her faith has increased tremendously. She is an amazing example of faith. Satan is putting her through a lot, but she will not stop. She's had a few breakdowns here and there, but each time she comes up stronger than at the start of it. She is such a great woman. I didn't know that they had already planned on a day to get married, but they have! They told us that they'll be getting married on the 18th of October and then Jed will be baptized the 19th and confirmed the 20th. That will probably be the best weekend of my mission! The Lord seriously works miracles when we have faith! It is so true! Jed and Stefanie both came to church yesterday and stayed all three hours. They are doing so well, and I just love them SOOOOO much. Wow. How can I ever go home and stop doing this work? There is nothing better than being a missionary.
Don't worry, we haven't just been seeing miracles with Jed and Stefanie. We had an appointment on Saturday with Phillip, who came to church last week, and his daughter Diana. Diana is in her early 30s and has 4 kids. She is the one we were originally going to teach and her dad, Phillip, joined us for a prayer, felt the Spirit, came to church and loved it. They were both there, ready for our lesson when we came on Saturday. We taught them about the restoration of Christ's church and the Spirit was really strong. Diana wanted to get a notebook and write things down as we taught about Jesus Christ and His atonement. When we shared the first vision, Phillip spoke up and asked "Why don't I know about this already? Why doesn't everyone know about this." We smiled. We explained that that is exactly why we were sitting in their living room at that very moment. We are sent out to tell people about the amazing news that Christ's church is on the earth today, in it's original, perfect form. We invited them to be baptized and they both agreed. Phillip said "Of course! I'm getting baptized unless something stops me, but I don't think anything can stop me." They both have been searching for something. Phillip has been searching for a new beginning and more. He works long hours and a few weeks ago he had been praying and just asking Heavenly Father if there isn't more to life. The next day we came over. Diana wants closeness in her family. She wants her children to know God and she wants a stronger personal relationship with Him. We know where she can receive all of those blessings. It is the best feeling in the world when people share their wants and desires, and we can tell them "We can help you with that. We know exactly where you can find those things." The gospel is such good news, isn't it?
I love this work so much. I had a miniature panic attack the other day as Sister Burwell and I were driving from our appointment with Phillip and Diana. I was picturing myself standing in Lavelle Edwards Stadium at BYU watching a BYU football game. I just felt empty. I don't want to go back to a selfish life. When I was picturing that, I just felt like I could never have this same feeling of fulfillment when I go back to normal life. How am I going to keep the Spirit like I have it now? I don't want to turn inward again like I was before, because I want to keep feeling this kind of joy. True joy. I don't want to go back to fun. I don't like fun. I like joy. I know the day will come when I finish my mission, and, honestly, I've been okay with that, but now that it's getting so much closer it's becoming a lot more real. That was the first time that I really felt like I REALLY don't want to leave. I don't want to take off this name tag and be released. I never want to loose this power and authority I've been given to represent my Savior. I know, I have to, but I really don't want to think about that anymore. I do love my family, and I ache to see you, but I just want to understand how I can have both. I want to be able to be with you but still feel as amazing as I feel. I guess I'm going to be doing a lot of praying and fasting. That's the last I'll be talking about that, though. It makes me feel queasy to think about it.
I love the Lord and His work. I am going to keep harvesting until I get kicked out of His vineyard. Wait and see. :)
Love,
Sister Bennett
We did so much planning this week for the upcoming transfer! We needed to plan for the training we'll be doing at interviews for the sisters, our exchange message, goals, and when to have exchanges with each set of sisters. It was a lot, but we got it all done. We definitely had a lot of help and direction from the Spirit. It's funny because we really didn't get to go out and teach that many lessons this week, but, when we actually got to go teach, we taught people that are getting baptized in the coming month. That is such a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. He has been providing us with so much success, and I know that we really have nothing to do with it, because we're too busy to have anything to do with it. We just try to do our best to gain His trust, and pray for those opportunities to teach His children. Jed is so elect. I keep wondering to myself, "How can Heavenly Father's plan be this perfect?"
Jed and Stefanie needed us to be the missionaries teaching them. I am sure of that. They needed to be in this ward at this time with the Bishop we currently have. I know that we, Sister Burwell and I, needed to have this experience with Jed and Stefanie. The Lord is truly showing us His power through the experiences we're having with them. We have seen miracle after miracle, and I have seen, so obviously, how He has a plan that is so intricate and so personal to each of us. I can see how it is working to bless each of our lives as we go through this process together. He made it possible for each of us to be here at this time to learn these specific things that we need in order to become like Him. He loves us so much, and understands us so well. I feel that he is rewarding Sister Burwell and I for the efforts we've given throughout our missions, but He's also showing us that we have SO much more to learn. This mission isn't the only time when I'm going to be shaped and molded by Him. Sometimes I catch myself worrying that I'm running out of time to change, but really I'm being prepared to understand how to change throughout my entire life. There's not a certain level I have to reach by the end of my mission, because it is definitely not the end of my progress. I would not be able to handle that. Seeing the way that Jed and Stefanie are has really helped my testimony grow of how well He knows us personally. He knows exactly what trials they both need to go through right now, and I can feel that. He's allowing me to understand His plan more, so that in the future I can remember this when I'm going through those trials. It's been an amazing experience because I feel that He's sharing His vision for Jed and Stefanie with me. I can see who they will become as they endure these trials and grow from them. This has been a very sacred experience for me. I can feel myself coming closer to Him, because I'm understanding Him so much more. Why does He do it? Sister Wood pointed this out very clearly yesterday in our lesson in Gospel Principles; He loves us. That really hit me yesterday as I was pondering on these things that I just shared. I'm learning a lot, and I'm grateful for it.
This are moving forward with Jed and Stefanie. The obstacles that were in the way for them to get married are being removed little by little. Brother Dottl, in the ward, is a CPA. He isn't practicing, currently, but we told him about the situation with Jed and Stefanie and he said he has friends who are practicing accountants that deal with these kinds of situations. Brother Dottl came to an appointment with us this week and explained to Jed and Stefanie the options that they have to protect Jed's income for when they get married. Stefanie was crying a lot and was just so grateful. She kept saying "I know that if I keep living the tithing law and being obedient, the Lord HAS TO BLESS ME." She is so right. He has to, but, even more so, He wants to. There is such an obvious blessing that she has been given as a result of her paying her tithing - her faith has increased tremendously. She is an amazing example of faith. Satan is putting her through a lot, but she will not stop. She's had a few breakdowns here and there, but each time she comes up stronger than at the start of it. She is such a great woman. I didn't know that they had already planned on a day to get married, but they have! They told us that they'll be getting married on the 18th of October and then Jed will be baptized the 19th and confirmed the 20th. That will probably be the best weekend of my mission! The Lord seriously works miracles when we have faith! It is so true! Jed and Stefanie both came to church yesterday and stayed all three hours. They are doing so well, and I just love them SOOOOO much. Wow. How can I ever go home and stop doing this work? There is nothing better than being a missionary.
Don't worry, we haven't just been seeing miracles with Jed and Stefanie. We had an appointment on Saturday with Phillip, who came to church last week, and his daughter Diana. Diana is in her early 30s and has 4 kids. She is the one we were originally going to teach and her dad, Phillip, joined us for a prayer, felt the Spirit, came to church and loved it. They were both there, ready for our lesson when we came on Saturday. We taught them about the restoration of Christ's church and the Spirit was really strong. Diana wanted to get a notebook and write things down as we taught about Jesus Christ and His atonement. When we shared the first vision, Phillip spoke up and asked "Why don't I know about this already? Why doesn't everyone know about this." We smiled. We explained that that is exactly why we were sitting in their living room at that very moment. We are sent out to tell people about the amazing news that Christ's church is on the earth today, in it's original, perfect form. We invited them to be baptized and they both agreed. Phillip said "Of course! I'm getting baptized unless something stops me, but I don't think anything can stop me." They both have been searching for something. Phillip has been searching for a new beginning and more. He works long hours and a few weeks ago he had been praying and just asking Heavenly Father if there isn't more to life. The next day we came over. Diana wants closeness in her family. She wants her children to know God and she wants a stronger personal relationship with Him. We know where she can receive all of those blessings. It is the best feeling in the world when people share their wants and desires, and we can tell them "We can help you with that. We know exactly where you can find those things." The gospel is such good news, isn't it?
I love this work so much. I had a miniature panic attack the other day as Sister Burwell and I were driving from our appointment with Phillip and Diana. I was picturing myself standing in Lavelle Edwards Stadium at BYU watching a BYU football game. I just felt empty. I don't want to go back to a selfish life. When I was picturing that, I just felt like I could never have this same feeling of fulfillment when I go back to normal life. How am I going to keep the Spirit like I have it now? I don't want to turn inward again like I was before, because I want to keep feeling this kind of joy. True joy. I don't want to go back to fun. I don't like fun. I like joy. I know the day will come when I finish my mission, and, honestly, I've been okay with that, but now that it's getting so much closer it's becoming a lot more real. That was the first time that I really felt like I REALLY don't want to leave. I don't want to take off this name tag and be released. I never want to loose this power and authority I've been given to represent my Savior. I know, I have to, but I really don't want to think about that anymore. I do love my family, and I ache to see you, but I just want to understand how I can have both. I want to be able to be with you but still feel as amazing as I feel. I guess I'm going to be doing a lot of praying and fasting. That's the last I'll be talking about that, though. It makes me feel queasy to think about it.
I love the Lord and His work. I am going to keep harvesting until I get kicked out of His vineyard. Wait and see. :)
Love,
Sister Bennett
| Companion love |
| Sister Higgins and Me |
| Jade Akina and Me at transfer meeting - last time seeing her before she went on her mission to Mexico! |
| Sister Burwell, Sister Klem and Me at transfer meeting |
No comments:
Post a Comment