November 25, 2013
Dear Fambam,
Wow! This week flew by! I can't believe that all of the zone conferences are over and we're moving on into week 6 of the transfer. That's FOUR zone conferences this past week that we attended. IT WAS EXHAUSTING! This has been the fastest transfer of my mission, but it's
also been the most growing transfer for me as well. I have learned so much from the sisters, President Castro, and from the Lord. I know that I really needed to go through the things that I've gone through this transfer because they have forced me to make choices. I've constantly been choosing between relying on myself or relying on the Savior throughout this transfer, and each time I've realized how impossible it would've been to just choose to rely on my own strength. I could never have done it. I had already learned to much about trusting in the Lord in my mission, but this transfer I've learned about really loving the Lord, knowing Him, and putting Him first. I feel so much more fulfilled and I know that He can help me with things that I'm going through when no one else can. He can meet my every need. That is something huge that I've been learning this past transfer but especially this past week.
Throughout the week with all of the zone conferences, I felt like I had so much that I needed to accomplish. I knew that this would be my last opportunity to leave something with the sisters. I just wanted to help them as much as possible, because I worry about how they're doing and how they're progressing. It made me anxious, at times, to be at zone conferences because I felt like I didn't have enough time with each sister. However, when I prayed about it each night and throughout each day, I felt a lot of peace and comfort. I knew that I had done what the Lord wanted me to do with the sisters and that He accepted the work I'd given each day of zone conferences. It was really nice to just be around the sisters. I enjoyed their comments and their testimonies. We have some really amazing sisters in the mission, and it was a blessing to be at each zone conference to learn from them. I have a lot of faith that the Lord will help them and change them into who this mission needs them to be. I just need to not worry about it and trust that He will help them become what He wants them to become. I felt so much love for each of them as I got to see them and work with them this week. When we taught our last time, on Friday, it was overwhelming how much love I felt for them. I just wanted them to know how much they are loved by the Lord and how much I personally love Him. I know He is aware of each of them, and I just hope they can come to see that for themselves like I've learned that for myself throughout my mission.
I really enjoyed spending so much time with the other sister training leaders; Hermana Bartschi, Hermana Wright, Hermana Linford, Hermana Coleman, Sister Randall, and Sister Kiyotani. I love them! They are some amazing sister missionaries. I especially enjoyed getting to know Hermana Linford and Hermana Wright better, because I've never really had the opportunity to work around them before. They are so powerful. We all got along so well and were so united on everything that we wanted to accomplish with the sisters at zone conference. I love being around missionaries who are so focused on the work. There was never a moment when we were talking about past experiences at college, dating, or hobbies we had before our mission. We got to know each other by discussing spiritual things and especially by talking about the sisters and their needs. I always felt the Spirit while we were together. It was really fun to get to spend that time with those sisters. I learned so much from them. I especially learned a ton from Hermana Wright. She is so quiet and dignified. I can tell how she just chooses her words so wisely and never forces things. She is never really the center of attention, but all I wanted was to hear from her about her thoughts. I love the way she teaches. She is super bold and doesn't hold back, which was a surprise because she is so quiet. I am grateful that the sisters have her to look to as an example. Her humility is inspiring and I think it's exactly what the sisters need right now. The Lord was very kind in allowing us to have that precious time to be together and learn from each other. Plus, she's super funny. We got to have the Hermanas stay at our apartment for two nights, and we had so much fun. It felt good to just release some tension by laughing. We laughed SO MUCH. hahah. It was really fun.
Miracle! Cheryl, who I taught when I was in 4th ward, is getting baptized on Wednesday! It's so amazing because I really wanted to see her get baptized. I wasn't sure if it would happen before I left, and if I was gone I hoped that somehow I could come back and be at her baptism. I love her, so much. The 4th ward sisters called us last night, very excited, and told us that she's getting baptized THIS WEEK. It's so perfect because Sister Lillywhite will be here and she started teaching her when she was here in 4th ward, plus it's barely in time for me to be there as well. I was SO happy when they called us. Then, on top of everything, they said that Cheryl asked if I would speak at her baptism. I am so honored. I felt so excited for the opportunity to speak one last time at a baptism...but not just any baptism, Cheryl's! The Lord is so kind!
Also, last night we went to dinner at Sister Prince's home, in the ward. She had her neighbor, Bill, over to eat with us. He's had dinner with us before when Sister Lillywhite was here and we had given him a copy of the Book of Mormon. We invited him to meet with us and learn more then, but he declined. Well, Sister Xayadeth and Sister Shipp ate dinner with the Prince's last week and Bill was there then. They invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, and he agreed to do so. Then, last night when we went, we built on what the other sisters taught and showed him the restoration DVD. At the end we bore our testimonies and invited him to take the lessons. He said that he'd like that, so we have an appointment with him on Tuesday! Isn't that great! It was so amazing to me how his heart has changed. I've seen him at both sides, and now he's more prepared and open to hear this message. That is so neat to see how people really can and do change.
Well, that's about all I have to say. It was an amazing week. I loved it so much. Honestly, it was probably the best week of my mission. I felt the Spirit so much everyday and I really enjoyed the opportunity to testify to and teach the sisters one last time. I love my mission
so much. I am so grateful for the experiences that the Lord has continually blessed me with as I've been serving Him.
I love you all. Thank you for being so supportive of me.
Love,
Sister Bennett
Wow! This week flew by! I can't believe that all of the zone conferences are over and we're moving on into week 6 of the transfer. That's FOUR zone conferences this past week that we attended. IT WAS EXHAUSTING! This has been the fastest transfer of my mission, but it's
also been the most growing transfer for me as well. I have learned so much from the sisters, President Castro, and from the Lord. I know that I really needed to go through the things that I've gone through this transfer because they have forced me to make choices. I've constantly been choosing between relying on myself or relying on the Savior throughout this transfer, and each time I've realized how impossible it would've been to just choose to rely on my own strength. I could never have done it. I had already learned to much about trusting in the Lord in my mission, but this transfer I've learned about really loving the Lord, knowing Him, and putting Him first. I feel so much more fulfilled and I know that He can help me with things that I'm going through when no one else can. He can meet my every need. That is something huge that I've been learning this past transfer but especially this past week.
Throughout the week with all of the zone conferences, I felt like I had so much that I needed to accomplish. I knew that this would be my last opportunity to leave something with the sisters. I just wanted to help them as much as possible, because I worry about how they're doing and how they're progressing. It made me anxious, at times, to be at zone conferences because I felt like I didn't have enough time with each sister. However, when I prayed about it each night and throughout each day, I felt a lot of peace and comfort. I knew that I had done what the Lord wanted me to do with the sisters and that He accepted the work I'd given each day of zone conferences. It was really nice to just be around the sisters. I enjoyed their comments and their testimonies. We have some really amazing sisters in the mission, and it was a blessing to be at each zone conference to learn from them. I have a lot of faith that the Lord will help them and change them into who this mission needs them to be. I just need to not worry about it and trust that He will help them become what He wants them to become. I felt so much love for each of them as I got to see them and work with them this week. When we taught our last time, on Friday, it was overwhelming how much love I felt for them. I just wanted them to know how much they are loved by the Lord and how much I personally love Him. I know He is aware of each of them, and I just hope they can come to see that for themselves like I've learned that for myself throughout my mission.
I really enjoyed spending so much time with the other sister training leaders; Hermana Bartschi, Hermana Wright, Hermana Linford, Hermana Coleman, Sister Randall, and Sister Kiyotani. I love them! They are some amazing sister missionaries. I especially enjoyed getting to know Hermana Linford and Hermana Wright better, because I've never really had the opportunity to work around them before. They are so powerful. We all got along so well and were so united on everything that we wanted to accomplish with the sisters at zone conference. I love being around missionaries who are so focused on the work. There was never a moment when we were talking about past experiences at college, dating, or hobbies we had before our mission. We got to know each other by discussing spiritual things and especially by talking about the sisters and their needs. I always felt the Spirit while we were together. It was really fun to get to spend that time with those sisters. I learned so much from them. I especially learned a ton from Hermana Wright. She is so quiet and dignified. I can tell how she just chooses her words so wisely and never forces things. She is never really the center of attention, but all I wanted was to hear from her about her thoughts. I love the way she teaches. She is super bold and doesn't hold back, which was a surprise because she is so quiet. I am grateful that the sisters have her to look to as an example. Her humility is inspiring and I think it's exactly what the sisters need right now. The Lord was very kind in allowing us to have that precious time to be together and learn from each other. Plus, she's super funny. We got to have the Hermanas stay at our apartment for two nights, and we had so much fun. It felt good to just release some tension by laughing. We laughed SO MUCH. hahah. It was really fun.
Miracle! Cheryl, who I taught when I was in 4th ward, is getting baptized on Wednesday! It's so amazing because I really wanted to see her get baptized. I wasn't sure if it would happen before I left, and if I was gone I hoped that somehow I could come back and be at her baptism. I love her, so much. The 4th ward sisters called us last night, very excited, and told us that she's getting baptized THIS WEEK. It's so perfect because Sister Lillywhite will be here and she started teaching her when she was here in 4th ward, plus it's barely in time for me to be there as well. I was SO happy when they called us. Then, on top of everything, they said that Cheryl asked if I would speak at her baptism. I am so honored. I felt so excited for the opportunity to speak one last time at a baptism...but not just any baptism, Cheryl's! The Lord is so kind!
Also, last night we went to dinner at Sister Prince's home, in the ward. She had her neighbor, Bill, over to eat with us. He's had dinner with us before when Sister Lillywhite was here and we had given him a copy of the Book of Mormon. We invited him to meet with us and learn more then, but he declined. Well, Sister Xayadeth and Sister Shipp ate dinner with the Prince's last week and Bill was there then. They invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, and he agreed to do so. Then, last night when we went, we built on what the other sisters taught and showed him the restoration DVD. At the end we bore our testimonies and invited him to take the lessons. He said that he'd like that, so we have an appointment with him on Tuesday! Isn't that great! It was so amazing to me how his heart has changed. I've seen him at both sides, and now he's more prepared and open to hear this message. That is so neat to see how people really can and do change.
Well, that's about all I have to say. It was an amazing week. I loved it so much. Honestly, it was probably the best week of my mission. I felt the Spirit so much everyday and I really enjoyed the opportunity to testify to and teach the sisters one last time. I love my mission
so much. I am so grateful for the experiences that the Lord has continually blessed me with as I've been serving Him.
I love you all. Thank you for being so supportive of me.
Love,
Sister Bennett
| Hermana Linford and me |
| The Sister Training Leaders (minus Sister Randall). From L to R - Me, Hermana Linford, Hermana Bartschi, Hermana Wright, Sister Kiyotani, Hermana Coleman, and Sister Stoker |
| Hermana Wright and Me |
![]() |
| Hermana Linford and I were trying to rein-act a painting called "Seeking the One." |
| More pictures from our sleepovers this week with the other Sister Training Leaders. |


No comments:
Post a Comment